.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Google

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Wednesday Ramblings

I find it funny that Keyshawn Johnson said that Dwayne Jarrett wasn’t ready for the NFL. Well guess what Me-shawn, you just got replaced by Jarrett. Too bad your former team didn’t share your opinion on the newly drafted receiver.

I was late to my girlfriends graduation party. Why you ask? I was making one of my best runs at Free Bird on Guitar Hero.

Reason # 142 of why the UFC is better than boxing: I was watching the Best Damn Sports countdown of the best knockouts and the majority of the countdown was from UFC/Pride despite MMA being a relatively new sport. I’m also guessing that of the boxing highlights shown, the majority came before 1995. Speaking of boxing, is anyone watching Mayweather De La Hoya? I know I could care less about the fight.

Anyone in need of a self-esteem boost? If so, I would recommend joining a sports team composed of computer engineers and programmers. My work softball team looks at my like I am the Willie Mays of D league softball. Not because I am good, cause I’m not, but because I haven’t struck out this year and I know how to catch a fly ball while running.

What a good time for television. Run’s House is back on, along with Entourage, and Sopranos. I would also recommend Hollyhood. It is quickly becoming one of my favorite shows. And isn’t it’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia suppose to be starting up soon?

I’m headed to St. Louis this weekend to watch the Cards and Astros battle it out to see who will have the worst record in the NL Central. Anyone know of any good bars to hit up?

What happened to country music singers? Keith Urban is wearing a monitor on his ankle that measures the level of alcohol in his sweat so that his wife will know if he is hitting the bottle while on tour. Things appear to be a little different now than the Hank Williams era.

Comments:
You do realize that the story about Keith Urban came from the National Enquirer don't you?
 
My National Enquirer hasn't arrived yet. I heard it on the radio.
 
Very good observations, Mayfield.

1. I'm into boxing, I still watch it on HBO pretty much any time its on, but I am not ready to argue that MMA isn't a better format, and right now, a better product. As someone who enjoys boxing but not MMA this upsets me.

2. Sunny in Philadelphia is supposed to fire back up in June I believe. It seems like that show has been off for two years. Boo.

3. I think the Brewers are for real.

4. Calling Keith Urban a country singer is like calling Vanilla Ice a rapper. Technically, but not really.
 
Agreed on the Brewers. At least the Cubs are on a win streak, and could ratchet it up to three more this weekend with the Nats coming to town.

I would almost completely assure it, as I have only seen the Cubs lose two times when I have been at Wrigley (out of roughly 20).
 
EDIT: Granted, one of those losses was a playoff game. Those tend to count.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
College Term Papers And Research Papers
Term Papers

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?