.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Google

Thursday, September 06, 2007

a few thoughts on baseball

1. The white sox suck. Not sure how a team goes from winning the world series and two years later (with essentially the same team) is 2.5 games behind the Royals.

2. Let me be the first to apologize to Rick Ankiel. Some of you may remeber my outright hatred for Ankiel a couple of years ago. I believe the phrase "Rick Ankiel should f#ck himself" probably came out of my mouth a few times. However, now that the guy is back and not throwing pitches that 20 feet out of the strike zone he is pretty much a stud. I am not going to go so far as to say I like him or I am on his bandwagon, but it cool to see a guy completely reapproach his game and turn into a good offensive player. His numbers are pretty ridiculous. I am however still waiting for him to throw one over the fence and kill a grandma in an attempt to throw out a runner at home.

3. Do the teams in the NL central realize that winning the division is a good thing? Sweet christ, will someone play like they want to win the division. At this point a string of wins by the Pirates would put them in contention, because lord knows Chi, STL, and MIL can't string together more than two wins in a row.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
College Term Papers And Research Papers
Term Papers

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?