.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Google

Saturday, November 03, 2007

Odd Pairing?

So there I sat, scouring the interwebs for some kickin' new music. Nothing was blowing my skirt up. Then I see this little blurb about Robert Plant mixing it up with bluegrasser Alison Kraus. While I like Plant's work with a previous band of his, and was familiar with Kraus from her work on the O Brother, Where Art Thou? soundtrack, I didn't own anything from either artist's solo catalogs. That being said, their collaboration, Raising Sand is my nominee for Most Successful Unpredicted Pairing Award. I suppose I'm used to Plant's banshee wail and not hearing it on this record is what surprised me the most. Kraus' voice is quite pleasing and the combo works in ways I never could have predicted. If you're in the mood for some good old fashioned roots music, give this one a listen.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
College Term Papers And Research Papers
Term Papers

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?