.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Google

Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Random Thoughts

1) Just heard Favre retired this morning on the way to work. Everybody's talking about how its the end of an era, but haven't we all been preparing ourselves for this moment for three or four years? Every off season has been full of "Is Favre retiring?" questions. We've been inundated with it so much that it didn't really phase me when I heard the news this morning. Don't get me wrong, I think Favre is great and I loved watching him and that team this year. I just think it was about time he finally hung up the spurs and finished his yearly hostage situation with the Green Bay Packers organization.

2) Found a cool student organization here that we should have thought of in college. The 10,000 hour campaign gets a popular artist to come play on campus (this year its Ok Go) and then if you contribute at least ten hours of community service for the semester, you get a free ticket to the concert. I think this is a fantastic way to get college students to go out and contribute to the community they drunkenly ravage every weekend. I wish we would have had something like this in college. Granted, we probably would have remained music elitists and gotten a band that only 200 people on campus would have cared about, but it still would have been fun.

3) I am getting ready to go to a presentation on the use of electronic medical records and the need for computerized physician order entry in today's hospitals. The worst part is that I am going voluntarily, without it being a required speaker. I wonder what happened to me sometimes.

4) Later this afternoon I am going to put out my "That Guy Manifesto" so look forward to that.

Labels: , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
College Term Papers And Research Papers
Term Papers

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?