.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Google

Friday, June 27, 2008

Games of the 'Gate, Grain Belt, Grilling, and Guilty Pleasures: Inaugural Heavy Soul House Party




WHAT: A Summer Jam dedicated to Heavy Soul.


WHERE: Chateau Pete, out in the NW Omaha Suburbs


WHEN: Saturday, July 26, 2008. 4 P.M.-11 P.M. (I get the feeling that this is all my pompous neighbors will stomach. Actual closing time is TBD.)


WHY: Because I decided this was a good idea. It's worth mentioning that I haven't brought this up to a single soul yet, including my wife. Yikes. Therefore, no one has talked me out of it yet, so we party on!


BRING: Attendees will be responsible for their own meat, booze, coolers. Per Delusional KC Fan, steaks will be cooked to no more than medium rare. Koozies will be supplied until supplies are diminished so come without one at your own risk. Music is not required but recommended (more on this later).


WHAT'S PROVIDED: The venue. A limited supply of Koozies. A grill. Grilling tools. Boiling beer for sausages (though only sausages from Stoysich, Just Good Meat, Fareway, or Wohlner's will be allowed in my kettle. Any other sausages will require prior approval from me. I fucking dare someone to audaciously throw Johnsonville's in my kettle.), a stereo (more on this later), bathroom facilities with necessary amenities, running water, plates, napkins, silverware, towels, horseballs, beer dice, dartboard, darts.


DETAILS: What's a party without a theme? Usually a better time than one with a theme. This, cherubs, will be the exception. This is where you all come in.


The theme of The Inaugural Heavy Soul House Party is guilty pleasures. Basically what I am asking for is a burned CD, an IPod playlist, or an MP3 CD of everyone's most noteworthy guilty pleasures to regale the masses over the course of the evening. Keep in mind that I have several hours of what I consider to be fantastic guilty pleasures, but I'd like the evening to be as democratic as possible. Therefore I am begging you all to get cracking on this and come up with your favorite guilty pleasures for the delight of all throughout the evening. You have one month.


FAQ's:


What is considered a guilty pleasure?


Use this guide:


Guilty Pleasure: "Now That We've Found Love" Heavy D and The Boys

Not Guilty Pleasure: "Let Me Ride" Dr. Dre


Guilty Pleasure: "I Ador Me Amor" by Color Me Badd

Not Guilty Pleasure: "Say No More, Mon Amour" by Rex Manning


Guilty Pleasure: "I Wanna Dance with Somebody" by Whitney Houston (which I seem to recall being played on the bus during my wedding)

Not Guilty Pleasure: "Never Said" by Liz Phair


Guilty Pleasure: "Hold on Loosely" By .38 Special

Not Guilty Pleasure: "Wheels in the Sky" by Journey (all right, maybe I'm the only one that likes this song not ironically, whatever, bring it I guess)


Guilty Pleasure: "A Little Respect" by Erasure

Not Guilty Pleasure: "Bizarre Love Triangle" by New Order, see also Joy Division


Any questions or comments should be left in the comments. Godspeed gentlemen, feedback is appreciated.

Comments:
As the king of guilty pleasures (as I like just about everything that I shouldn't), I have a few suggestions:
1) Trigger Happy Jack by Poe
2) I'd Die Without You by P.M. Dawn
3) The Lion King Soundtrack
4) Since U Been Gone by Kelly Clarkson
5) On the Way Down by Ryan Cabrera
6) Saturday Night by the Bay City Rollers
7) Kyrie by Mr. Mister
 
Petey...

By chance any of your Heavy Soulmates live in the Lake Zorinsky area?

Pretty sure my fairly new neighbors chucked an empty Grain Belt beer bottle in my backyard over the weekend.

I'm not gonna beef about the beer tossing, I just prefer it to be cold and unopened.
 
PM Dawn should never be considered a guilty pleasure.

*shudders at the rest of duecey's list*

Petey boy, I'm in. Love the concept.
 
Also: yes, I realize I spelled "duecey" wrong.

In addition: Joe, I think we're clean. And while littering is bad for the planet (or something; I guess in this case mainly you), I am excited to see the Grain Belt movement gaining some steam.

Maybe one day, we, as a people, will see every backyard littered with Grain Belt Premiums! Yes we can!
 
Joe,

Good to see those digits of yours still work after all the Supreme Court action of the last week or so.

And yeah, although I don't directly think anyone we know is responsible, I think that Heavy Soul will accept the charges on behalf of all Grain Belt consumed in the metro.
 
It's hard to find good articles these days. This one is really good.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
College Term Papers And Research Papers
Term Papers

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?