.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Google

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

U.S. Open Review

Go check out my main man Joe Posnanski's blog post about yesterday's events and what was one riveting golf tournament. If you have never visited that site or aren't familiar with Mr. Posnanski, you're welcome. Maybe it was the best major ever, maybe it wasn't, I don't know enough about golf to bestow such platitudes upon it.

What I can say with absolute certainty is that I have never seen another golf tournament with such enthralling storylines as this particular U.S. Open. To recap:

Thursday: Tiger vs. Phil, knee injuries, opening round on a course they both love
Friday: Journeyman atop the leaderboard, Tiger lurking with bum knee
Saturday: Tiger's back nine, as documented by The Deuce
Sunday: Tiger vs. Rocco, part one ends in tie
Monday: Tiger vs. Rocco, part two ends in tie, then ends in sudden death

I can also say that NPGage and I passed up the chance to attend the LSU-UNC CWS game that we were pretty excited about to sit (actually stand) at the church bar, drink Coors Lights out of plastic bottles and watch the tournament. No regrets at all. It was a 10 out of 10.

Labels: , , , ,


Comments:
I never thought of it like that, but it really is true.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
College Term Papers And Research Papers
Term Papers

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?