.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Google

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

A Weak Case Of The Ramblings...

A few thoughts and observations...

1. Saw some of Around The Horn on ESPN today. The question was "will the Cubs make the playoffs?" First up, A.J. Adande (sp?). He said no, because while the Cubs have better pitching, the Brewers have all that hitting. Um, A.J.? The only major separation between the Cubs and Brewers is home runs, and the Cubs hit better as a team by almost 20 points. Ultimately, though, the Cubs have a better run differential...due to better pitching. So wouldn't one logically think that a team with the better run differential--despite how many home runs a team may hit--would be the team projecting to win more during the season? Call me crazy...

2. Speaking of Around The Horn, the scariest thing I have heard all season: Jay Mariotti said that yes, the Cubs will make the playoffs. Damn it.

3. Bought a SABA radio today. It was manufacturered over 60 years ago, and it is badass. What am I going to do with it, you ask? I dunno. I guess I should have thought of that one.

4. Just curious: what season you on in NCAA Football 2008, MIB? I'm calling 2015 by now.

5. Speaking of the Cubs, they just lost. Damn it. Oh well, it was a matter of time before the bullpen blew a game. They're certainly not perfect. That said, I have not had this much watching the Cubs since 2003. A team wearing Cubs uniforms that don't rely on home runs and hustle? I mean, I don't even know how to react.

6. How about a little "Over/Under?" OK, I'll bite: What's the over/under on how many times Bad Bar will dust off the "dude, I'm moving in ____ days, you have to come out" line? With the big move about 18 days away, I'm going to set the over/under at 15.

7. Speaking of that move, we'll play "Over/Under" again: How many days is it going to take Bad Bar and MIB to move out of that condo? I'm saying 5. And no, that does not include how long it will take them to just pack.

8. The new Patton Oswalt album "Werewolves and Lollipops" is awesome. And with a title like that, how could it not be?

9. Speaking of new albums, Common's "Finding Forever" is quickly (and sneakily) coming up next Tuesday. From the advance reviews, I am extremely encouraged.

That's about it. Like I said, pretty weak. But hey, better than nothing, right?

Right?

Labels: , , , , , ,


Comments:
Dissertations Writing:this is such a great post and one of those post to be read over and over again
 
College Term papers:Great post and now I know what to do, thank you! Site has been added to my RSS feed for later browsing.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
College Term Papers And Research Papers
Term Papers

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?